Wednesday 30 October 2013

New Painting, New Series!

No.1 - Acrylic on canvas, 80x90cm.
And, in the isolation of the sky,
At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
Downward to darkness, on extended wings.
                     -excerpt from Sunday Morning, a poem by Wallace Stevens


This painting is the first in a new series I'm making, called Streets, sewers, saints, heroes, beggars, and madmen (after a poem by Charles Bukowski), and I am very excited about it. I have a number of works planned, some already in the drawing stages. I won't yet go into details on the concept behind the paintings until I'm able to show you a few more. For now I will tell you that they will all have some connection to the idea of loneliness and isolation in the midst of the crowd.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment