Wednesday 23 October 2013

Currently Reading: Momo en de tijdspaarders

Book # 1 of my attempt to read more Dutch language books and get my head out of the sand. Momo is a little wild-haired girl living in the ruin of an ancient amphitheatre, next to a village of poor folks who collectively care for her. She ran from an orphanage (yeah, it's an orphan story) where she had been beaten and locked up, and is now living happily on her own. Everybody loves to visit her, because she's a good listener.

That is the premise, up to this point (page 16). I think it will be a good one! My friend and colleague Marit recommended it (along with two books by Herman Hesse, with a little post-it declaring that the stack hailed "from Marit's Library"). I will keep you all updated! Hopefully this is a good way to begin improving my less-than-stellar language use.

No comments:

Post a Comment