Thursday 31 October 2013

Terschelling is Beautiful.


The little island of Terschelling is gorgeous. I had heard about the famous "wadden" (mudflats) up here in the north but had never visited them before. Technically, I still haven't - I only saw the northern side of the little island in the weekend I spent there with my husband and his mother. I saw, instead, the north sea. The island itself is covered in these dunes, with colourful grasses, heathers, and pine trees contrasting with the otherwise subtle tones of the sands. Almost more remarkable was the sky. I have noticed that the Dutch landscape is often a skyscape; being such a flat land, one often has a particularly grandiose view of the Netherlands' cloudy, stormy skies. I managed to get a few nice shots when I was there, and hope to go again soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment