Saturday 24 August 2013

Non-place Cyberspace


The internet has a new place in daily life. Or perhaps it is more accurate to say that the internet is a new place. A non-place cyberspace. What used to be a collection of links to simple pages has grown to what feels like an infinite web of content. Images, video, text, communication systems are interconnected and searchable, reposted endlessly and commented upon ad infinitum. We have even uploaded ourselves. Hell, I'm doing that now in the own way.

I'm letting myself be tracked, but also letting myself be known, seen, and heard. Maybe in the long term this could have a negative impact on my life, on the development of myself, on my creativity. I consume so much input that I feel that I must fulfill the transaction and post my own output, even out the table. Give and take, look and make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment