Monday 24 March 2014

"Proof" Days

There is something cooking. There is something in the works. I just finished up the first of two "proof" days at a potential new workplace, working as lead graphic designer of a magazine. While I only hear this Friday whether I've got the position, I'm enjoying the excitement while it lasts. Of course, eager beaver that I am, I've been doing research at home on magazine designs, spreads, typography tips and tricks... pretty much any extra bit of information that might secure me the position.

In the process, I have come across some awesome tutorials and great sources of inspiration! Internet, you are fabulous. There are so many different ways to put together a dynamic spread. I managed to come across some awesome composition thumbnail sketches online, which I'm certain will be useful in my attempts to impress:


Out in the world of print publishing, there are many great ideas and great ways to bring those ideas across. I'm excited to try my hand at it! That is, of course, if I get the job.

My fingers and toes are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment